As promised, here’s the list of field trips from our First Grade/Second Grade Year in 2004-5. You can view the previous two year’s field trips (PK-1st Grade) by browsing my Homeschool Series post. As I update my “Field Trip Foto Friday” Series, I’ll try and stop back in here to add links to my detailed reviews of these field trips.
If I’ve done a review of the field trip, I’ll link it below and mark it with asterisks (***) so you can go view the review.
I was surprised that I didn’t have as many field trips for this year as the previous year. I think a lot of that is due to the fact that we participated in a very active weekly co-op and had many indoors field-trips that were “brought to us“. I may share a few of those for Field Trip Foto Friday as well if I come across some good photos.
My son was 7 when we began the school year in 2004, and was 8 when we ended it. My daughter was 5 when we began the school year and 6 when we ended it. We always have fun field-tripping. Of course, I did not list the numerous times we went to the park or library. I may be unable to find a photo for each trip, but I do think many of these were photographed. I have been forgetting to tote my camera around more often this year. I don’t know what has gotten in to me. I am usually a photo-taking junkie.
2003-2004 Field Trips (First/Second Grade)
- Park/Playground ***
- Local political party headquarters
- To vote with Mommy
- Wild-Connections Butterfly Center – Texas Hill Country ***
- Sweet Berry Farm’s “Waltz Across Texas” – Marble Falls ***
- Police Car & Police Officer comes to Co-op
- Trip to the Local Firehouse
- Play Laser Tag
- Crow’s Nest Farm ***
- Attend a church service at a prison
- Visit state capital building (Austin, TX)
- Visit Oasis Restaurant (famous cliff-side restaurant in Austin, TX)
- Austin’s Famous Congress Bridge (To See Bats Come Out) ***
- Water playscape park and picnic
- Awards Ceremony at Co-op & Talent Show