As promised, here is the field trip list for:OUR 4th YEAR OF HOMESCHOOL: 2nd GRADE and 3rd GRADE (2006-7)!
Do you have kids that are younger than 3rd and 2nd Grade? Go visit my previous field trip lists (linked with photos and reviews). They can be found on my Homeschool Series post by year/grade level.
Below is a list of field trips we took when my children were in Second and Third Grade during the 2005-6 school year. In case you are just “tuning in” (and I apologize up front for the regular visitors for sounding like a broken record), our kiddos were 6 and 8 at the time. As my “Field Trip Foto Friday” Series progresses, I’ll try and stop back in here to add links with detailed reviews of these field trips.
If there is a review of the field trip, it will be linked below and marked with asterisks (***) so you can go read the review.
Field trips are our favorite part of the school year. Of course, I did not list the numerous times we went to the park or library – those are frequent ‘field trips’ for us. Some of these field trips may seem a little on the cheesy side also (fabric store being the main one I’m talking about)… but you would be amazed at what you can learn if you HEAD OUT SOMEWHERE with the intention of LEARNING something new! Even a trip to the grocery store can be an educational experience if you set goals, bring tools (calculator), have an idea of what you aim to teach, and make it FUN!
I plan on starting back up with my Field Trip Foto Friday series again to flesh out the details and bring you the pictures from each of these that I can. I may be unable to find a photo for all of them, but I will do my best.
2005-2006 Field Trips (Second/Third Grade)
- Tour a Police Station, Jail & 911 Center
- Visit a Prison
- Drive out of state and around Arkansas
- Fabric store (sheep unit)
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park (rock climbing) ***
- Coleman’s Miller Mountain (digging for quartz) & Rock Shop ***
- IMAX: Moon (Space unit)
- Play Day Pool Party with Friends
- Burns Park ***
- Insectomania Exhibit at Arkansas Museum of Discovery
- Pet Store with Co-op
- The Old Mill – North Little Rock, AR ***
- Six Flags Homeschool Day – Arlington, TX ***
- Vacation Across Texas – Stay with Friends and Family
- Berry Farm and Donut Shop
- Ride the Trolleys – Downtown Little Rock ***
- Statehouse Museum – Little Rock, AR ***
Up next in the series will be:
Post #4 – Second and Third Grade Learning Enrichment
Post #5 – Favorite KONOS Memories from Second and Third Grade
Post #6 – Memories from our KONOS Rock Unit!
Check back in here next week for more homeschool records for second and third grades. Don’t forget to get your mom a card and gift!
Have a super Friday!