Updates on us:
1. I’ve had a nice break… but I’m feeling more buried than ever. Too much on my to-do list.
2. Still no word on the “move” or the “promotion”. Praying it comes today – or at least this week. Prayers are coveted.
3. We are still grading papers and this is our last week of school for ’06-’07 – last day is Saturday!
4. We’re going to do summer school, but we’ll take a week off next week (and while we move).
5. I’m about to enter all the grades for the school-year into a computer program and print report cards, too. Not because I have to. Just because I want to.
6. I’m enjoying the day off with my husband and kids today. We’ll probably go grocery shopping today and wipe our computers clean. How boring is that?!
Bunny Trails tagged me to post this meme, so I thought I would oblige:
161 & 5 Book Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don’t search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you.
6. Tag five people to do this meme.
To make it a little more fun, I’m doing all the books that are handy (on my desk). Below is a list of the 5th full sentences on page 161 of ALL the books on my desk. A list of the books they came from is below that.
1. “You can chisel that in stone.”
2. “Luke also shows how Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism and is entitled to share in the liberty which the Empire accords to Judaism.”
3. “One important aspect of speech pragmatics is word emphasis.”
4. “In times gone by, we would have introduced ourselves as ‘John Smith’s granddaughter’ or ‘Janet Smith from Philadelphia’.”
5. “A car ride that’s not accompanied by a peppy rendition of ‘And Bingo was his name-o’?” (not really a complete sentence… but hey, I’m not using complete sentences in here all the time, either)
6. “If, however, in his judgment it is unchanged and black hair has grown in it, the itch is healed.”
Those are some pretty freaky sentences. Here’s where they came from:
1. God’s Ultimate Passion – Frank Viola
2. The Untold Story of the New Testament Church – Frank Viola
3. The Mislabeled Child – Brock and Fernette Eide
4. …to love, honor and vacuum – Sheila Wray Gregoire
5. Queen of the Castle – Lynn Bowen Walker
6. The Bible (NIV Study version)… Leviticus 13:37.
Knock yourself out if you want to play along!
A little whine with my cheese…
In the mean time, all emails to me are welcome. I’m kind of in a funk, and wouldn’t mind the company in my email box. All blog design tips are also welcome. I am in a funk with that, too. My new design may not appear this week as planned. There are just too many ideas in my head and it seems I need an animator or illustrator as well as a blog designer if I ever want to get them out! Not likely on this homeschool-mom salary.