For shame on you clicking over to this post to see if I’m really old enough to have been alive in 1966. I just couldn’t resist that Title, though. Ever since Dawn posted her infamous yearbook photos, we’ve been enjoying good laughs around here as we take our family members and morph them into the past. Take a look at me if I were to have graduated in 1966 (man, it is scary how much I look like my mom):
I wonder if we would have been friends if we had gone to school together? Kind of makes you feel like you are in ‘Back to the Future’ if you think about that kind of stuff too long.
This post is really a tag from back in the PAST. So the 1966 photos fit in just fine.
Way back in blogging eternity ago (May), Dawn tagged me with the “6” meme. In her post she admitted to typing with her toes. And she has some purdy toes, let me tell you! I don’t have anything that exciting to share… but in an effort to help you nod off to sleep tonight, I figured I would play along!
RULES of the ‘6 Quirky Things’ meme:
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules in your blog.
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking to them.
So here’s my 6:
1. I love to create artwork. Don’t ask me why I never make time for it. It really is a shame. My mother is always getting on to me for wasting my “talent”. I call it passion, rather than talent. I think the artist in me is why I am drawn to web design, quilt design, interior design, scrapbooking and photography. I can sit for hours clicking through the graphics on istock – seriously, y’all. It is a sickness. If only someone would mail me a free copy of photoshop and the money to take a class. A girl can dream!
2. I have eaten alligator, squid, snail, deer, eel, and frog legs. I drew the line on squirrel. And other than the deer, I can live without any of those in my diet again. Although, the frog legs were really not that bad – Cajun style, of course.
3. My first pregnancy, all I ate was chocolate. I couldn’t go near my favorite Tex-Mex Cantina that I ate at every week as a religious habit. I gained 60 lbs. My son hates Mexican food and has a sweet tooth. My second pregnancy, I lived on tomatoes and cheese… and Jack in the Box Monster Tacos. I gained 30 lbs. She was nearly a 9 lb. baby! She loves Mexican food and would rather have fruit than sweets. This pregnancy I am not friendly with food. I can’t eat sweets. I hope that this baby will eat SOMETHING when it gets here. I’m sensing ‘high maintenance’ toddler on the way… like my sister’s son who lives on fries, ketchup, and croutons (no kidding).
4. I gave up Starbucks nearly three years ago. I was a once-a-weeker, but after trying Italian stovetop espresso (home made lattes) cooked with a Bialetti, Starbucks began to taste like it had dish soap in it.
5. I have a thing for tarsiers. They had my heart with one glance from those bugged out eyes. I think I would die and go to heaven if I ever got to hold a mouse lemur. I used to keep a photo of one on my bulletin board over my desk. How can you resist those eyes???? Watch out – you’ll be destroyed via cuteness if you stare at them long enough.
6. My cat was voted “worst hairdo” of her senior class in 1984.
If you got a kick out of those yearbook photos, go make some of your own family and friends (or felines). Morgan is the one who came up with retro-Minga. We all had a good belly laugh. You can make your own heirloom photos at yearbookyourself.com.