Long ago and far away – back in early last May (which might as well have been ten years ago in blog-time), Sheila tagged me to do a “7 Fun Things About Me” meme. I don’t mind memes (like some people who ban them with little flashing graphics and put up quotes on their sidebars that say stuff like “friends don’t tag friends to do memes”). However, if you tag me, there is no guarantee that your children won’t be grown and in college by the time I get to posting it.
So here’s my belated answers, Sheila. Hopefully you remember who I am by now.
Here are the rules…
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are 7 things about me. You decide if you think they are fun or not.
1. When my inbox is over 1,000 messages deep, my desk is piled with papers, my kids’ rooms are dirty, my clean laundry is in a pile waiting to be folded, and I know there are 800 things I need to be doing… I suddenly only have time to blog. I guess that makes me the world’s biggest lollygagger (something I hate about my kids when they would rather draw and stare at the math sheet for an hour than actually get it over with). The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
2. I have a thing for rocks. It is hard for me to not collect fossils or rocks when we go on outings with family or field trips with the kids. I’m still that kid staring at the ground that everyone tripped over in school. I love to have rocks in my pockets – especially sparkly or smooth ones. My kids have this same sickness. Especially my son. He always brings me rocks – smiling with glee over his latest find. We couldn’t even lift the box of rocks we brought back from Arkansas. My favorite character on the Never Ending Story – of course – was the rock biter.
3. My cat has a crush on me. He’s such a romeo. My husband calls him dummy. Do you think there may be some jealousy there? I’m just sayin.
4. I heart stickers. I’m still mad about my mother keeping all those stickers from me that she bought back in the 80’s. I know she did it because now and then she gives them to my kids (thinking I won’t remember them). One day I’m going to find her stash and get them back.
5. I used to hate Crocks because they are so ugly. But now I own a pair. I’m now a believer. And since I’ve never really cared what people thought of how I dress, I don’t mind how ugly they are so much. Can’t say the same for my husband.
6. If I suddenly became a millionaire, I wouldn’t want to change anything about my life other than:
I would get to that interior decorating stuff I always put off because we can’t afford it…
I would pay off of debt and bills…
I would donate more to charities…
I would begin an annual vacation for our family…
I would probably eat out more (a million dollars can buy a lot of Chipotle)…
and I would take a lot more field trips and do more fun stuff school stuff with the kids.
That’s true happiness… to not value your life by money or the lack of it.
7. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love getting together with family and eating a feast (Turkey, dressing, and cranberry sauce = Heather Crack)… while not having to share the focus of the season with money/gifts. I like to reflect on my blessings and enjoy the people God has surrounded me with – bake and cook – smile, laugh and eat together. I hate it that the stores skip from nasty Halloween – straight to Christmas. It is one of my pet peeves with retailers.
Now to tag some folks who probably have less problems getting things done… I think I’ll stick with a few twitter buddies this time:
Trish (because she’s sick and frustrated by her Super Nintendo)
HS Distractions (because I need to get on her good list so she won’t call the cops on me)
Antiquemommy (because she just loooooves memes – and I want to be her bestest friend too)