A friend of mine shared this little encouraging article with us at co-op a few years ago. I found it digging through my cabinets and wanted to share. Attitude is everything. I’m a firm believer in Romans 8:28 (All things come together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose). While the ingredients in chocolate chip cookies might taste bad if you eat them individually, they taste GREAT together. God is adding our moments together – our lives – to create a master recipe… a feast of epic proportions. Keeping focused on the goal is essential… which requires us to look up and kneel down instead of sweating the little stuff.
THINK LIKE A WINNER
What are the traits that make one a winner and another a loser? The big difference is how he or she thinks. The attitude will govern his or her actions.
* A winner is always ready to tackle something new… a loser is prone to believe it can’t be done.
* A winner isn’t afraid of competition… a loser excuses himself with the idea that the competition may beat him out.
* A winner knows he’s sometimes wrong and is willing to admit his mistakes… a loser can usually find someone to blame.
* A winner is challenged by a new problem… a loser doesn’t want to face it.
* A winner is decisive… a loser frustrates himself with indecision.
* A winner realizes there is no time like the present to get a job done… a loser is prone to procrastinate with the hope that things will be better tomorrow.
* A winner thinks positively, acts positively and lives positively… a loser usually has a negative attitude and a negative approach to everything.
So, if you want to be a winner, THINK like a winner… ACT like a winner… and sooner than you think, you WILL BE a winner!
~ Author Unknown
Pretty good advice, eh? Now I need to stop procrastinating and get my desk cleaned off and my calendar ready for school tomorrow. Because I KNOW it won’t be a better day tomorrow unless I tackle it!