Ahoy there! I told you all yesterday that I needed a blog T-shirt that says “I blog for food”, right? Now you know it’s true. Today, you get a chance to actually win the snacks! Pirate’s Booty snacks, that is.
On the surface, they look like chips – but they have a whole lot going for them:
* baked: made from air-puffed rice and corn
* unrefined: rice and corn bran still contain germ and endosperm (vitamins!)
* no trans-fats
* no gluten (grains kept in dedicated silos that contain no wheat)
* no preservatives
* no artificial sweeteners
* light: no more than 140 calories per single-serving bag
* Original Tings and Veggie flavored Pirate’s Booty are Vegan friendly
* made in a nut-free facility
They say Pirate’s booty is so good for you that it only has a six month shelf-life… but after tasting them, I highly doubt anyone has made it that long to test the theory. They are really tasty. They sent us a groovy paper pirate box full of snacky treasures – a sample of each piraty flavor – and a pen with their logo. After the snacks disappeared in a few days, my son confiscated the treasure chest and filled it with all his fake gold pieces and money and it sits at the bottom of his closet shelf. I dare you to try and take it from him!
Our favorites were the Aged White Cheddar Pirate’s Booty, the Original Tings (which taste like a Cheetos without all that nasty dye and fake flavoring), and the Smart Puffs with Real Wisconsin Cheddar. These crunchy snacks reminded me of a story about a raccoon that my sister-in-law met on a camping trip one time. Even raccoons know that humans eat trash… because he got a hold of my sister-in-law’s bag of Cheetos and rubbed the flavoring off before he would eat them! Took them in his wittle paws and scrubbed the orange stuff off so he could just munch on the puffed corn underneath it. I bet that little critter would have loved him some Pirate’s Booty, too.
Pirate’s Booty is pretty hip as a company as well. Above is their iPhone wallpaper (they have other sizes, too) – great for “Talk Like a Pirate Day”. They even have a piratey blog and a piratey facebook page!
Here’s some advice from their food “Booty Blog”:
* Don’t be a Son of a Biscuit Eater: Trade in the white bread for slices of a whole-grain or a whole wheat wrap instead.
* Cut the Sugar, Scallywag – Avoid over sugary snacks and cakes and your child will surely avoid the inevitable energy crash and possible weight gain.
* Avast ye the Salt – Super salty snacks can dehydrate a youngling, so watch the sodium intake.
* Don’t Drop the Snack Anchor – Noshing on snacks that are low in sugar and fat will keep a child’s energy up for that big test in between breakfast and lunch.
Would you like a treasure chest full of snacky goodness and a Pirate’s Booty pen of your own? Do you have some young’ns that are in need of something crunchy to munch on that won’t rot their gut and make them sea sick? Well, Pirate’s Booty can be yours soon… if you just follow these simple rules, mateys:
NOTE: Each of these counts as one entry and must be listed in a separate comment! Aye, you may enter once for each item (except the tweets – you can tweet once per day).
* Go check out the Pirate’s Booty Website and see where you can purchase them that’s close to where you live
* Tweet about this post – Arrrr… come win a treasure chest of #piratesbooty snacks from @sprittibee : http://bit.ly/2jn69Y Please RT!
* Join my Google Friends Crew, Matey!
* Stumble this post (or use another bookmarking site of your preference)
* Follow my blog on a reader or by email
Entry comments must be dated on or before October 29th, 2009. The winner will be chosen at random on October 30th. All winners will be announced on October 31st.
This contest is one of the 4, 5 or 6 give-aways I’ll be having this week. Don’t miss them! I’ll be linking them all at The Homeschool Post on October 15th. Be sure to visit the Blog-Give-Away Linkup over there to catch all the groovy Give-Aways that are going on in the homeschool community online.
Good luck and ‘Fair Winds’.