Back in July of 2005 year, a month after I discovered blogging, I was led to a site called “Self Portrait Day” by a blogger pal (you know who you are!). I was notified via email today that they got around to posting my portrait. Be forewarned that since I posted my picture there, the site seems to have taken a turn for the worse… don’t browse the photos with youngsters nearby. Some of the pictures are a bit ‘liberal’. They have done something strange with the site since I submitted my photo 8 months ago. Somehow while they changed the format my sandwich information was lost (which was one of my favorite parts of the site’s intrigue). So I thought I’d share not only the link to my photo over there (you may have to scroll a few pages to find it?), but I’d also share the information they lost (#1 below).
Here’s a list of my favorite sandwiches in order:
1. Manny Hattan’s Ebbots Field Knish ($9.95 and worth every penny)… Grilled turkey & onions, bell pepper, jalapeno & jack cheese wrapped in a light and fluffy potato pastry… TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP! It’s like Texas meets New York. I get to eat these ever-so rarely… it’s a form of torture to know they exist and I can’t have one (…maybe God’s punishment for past sins or something).
2. Is a taco a sandwich? Chipotle’s build your own burrito is awesome – even without the tortilla (burrito bol).
3. Sprittibee BLT: Crisp Microwaved Turkey-Bacon, Egg, Cheese, Lettuce, Mayo with a dash of Cayenne and Salt… maybe some pepper, too. These are a staple in my house. My kids love them as much as I do. They are very versatile… breakfast, lunch or dinner.
4. Cumin Falafels with thinly sliced hot pickles, cucumber-yogurt sauce, Romaine Lettuce in a Wheat Pita
5. Shwarma – Chicken or Falafel
6. Grilled Cheese with a bowl of Campbell’s Tomato Soup to dip it in (yumm!)
7. Jason’s Deli’s Ranchero Wrap
8. Tea Room Chicken or Egg Salad Sandwiches… (still searching for the perfect recipes)
9. Baloney on Wheat with Mayo and about 20 crunched up Nacho Cheese Doritos!
10. Arby’s Beef ‘N’ Cheddar (dripping with cheese) – OK, this is really not healthy. Come to think of it, neither are a lot of these… oh, well. A girl has to eat.
So there you have it. The most important information you’ll come across on a homeschool blog this week. Hands down. Everyone loves sandwiches. Stop over at Self Portrait Day and let the world know what kind you like to eat. Maybe by next July, you’ll be famous like me.