They say that kids who don’t engage their brains during the summer lose academic ground coming into the new school year. Studies show that without ongoing learning activities over the summer, students lose up to two months of math and other subject knowledge during the summer break! I am one of those that skipped the math for the past two months (oops!).
So I teamed up with Scholastic to bring you this awesome contest (so my kids could play StudyJams, too!):
How to win?
All you have to do is leave me a comment and tell me when you are starting back to school and what your kids think about it! If you have already started, let us know when and how it is going!
What is the time limit?
One random winner will be chosen on Saturday, August 23rd! Entries must be received prior to midnight on the 22nd (just to be safe – so you won’t miss the drawing).
So what is the prize?
1 One-year Free Subscription to Scholastic StudyJams! (normally a $99 value)
So just what is Scholastic StudyJams?
StudyJams! (www.scholastic.com/studyjams) is an online learning experience for kids in grades 3-6 that explains the most challenging math and science topics through:
* Animated science and math videos that demonstrate concepts in real-world situations, using real-world language
* Step-by-step tutorials that demonstrate ways to solve equations
* Karaoke songs that make it easy to remember the differences between mean, median, and mode, or how to use the scientific method
* An age-appropriate encyclopedia lets kids research topics in real-time as they use the service
* A Jam Studio that let kids create and produce their own downloadable MP3s, providing incentives for students to keep coming back and view more instructional content to gain points
HERE ARE SOME SCREEN SHOTS:
Hop over to their website to check them out. See if your kids can pass their free “Summer Challenge” test….
…and be sure to leave your comment to win the package for your kids – right here!