Happy Birthday to I Heart Faces! It’s all the rage. If you haven’t been there to see their amazing photos, you have to go.
Now that there are like 1,000 entries per challenge, I’m pretty sure I have no hope of winning. Especially since I:
1. Don’t have Photoshop yet
2. Don’t have any actions to use in Lightroom yet
3. Don’t really know what I’m doing in either program
4. Broke my amazingly expensive camera over the holidays when it fell out of the back of my vehicle on to the pavement – committing suicide and killing my 50mm lens along with it
5. Needed a number five to make it an official list
I’m not exactly sure what the theme meant when it said “Best Face Photo”. That could mean a LOT of things. Best Face could mean:
1. The person or animal in the photo has the best face
2. The person taking the photo THINKS that person or animal has the best face
3. The person or animal in the photo has the best facial expression
4. The person taking the photo likes that particular photo and thinks it is the best facial photograph they have ever taken
5. The person submitting the photo thinks that the judges will think it’s the best face photo
Are you confused yet? Me too.
Anyway, the picture I picked is probably not my best. I even used 35mm FILM for this shot! Remember those days? It was taken long before I set out to ‘BECOME’ a photographer. Unless you count that stint in college when I took black and white photography, after I dropped out of journalism class because the teacher said he was going to give us a test on the WHOLE newspaper. But I digress…
I just love this photo.
I have tons more of wonderful pictures of my kids. Have you noticed that I love taking their pictures? It’s a sickness. This little boy is about to turn 13 years old. My first teenager. My look-alike. My twin personality. My sweet Kaden. I lurve him.
Him and his bugs. He loves bugs. I love bugs, too… secretly. But that’s for another blog post.