After Christmas, my husband was threatening that he was going to cut the baby’s hair if I didn’t do it. I didn’t want to cut those golden curls off; however, I knew that he meant business… so I talked him in to waiting until I could get a good Valentine photo session in.
We got out the fake angel wings, the white Christmas lights, the felt heart, and a puffy white blanket… and set the little man on the dining room table. I haven’t been able to afford a great lighting kit for head shots and indoor portraits yet – so we made use of some harsh window lighting the best we could. I’m all for natural light. I REFUSE to use a flash.
Have you ever tried to photograph a 22 month old that has more energy than the Energizer Bunny? It takes nerves of steel… LOTS of patience… and a bag of Skittles.
He tried to crawl off the table.
He beat at the angel wings.
He screamed, “NO!”
He broke the first heart I gave him to hold.
It was like trying to catch a fish with your bare hands.
But we got it done. Even if half of the pictures are ruined by the candy he was eating somehow contorting his face – or showing when he opened his mouth.
Yep. Two of these pictures are Skittles shots. I’m such a bad mom for feeding my toddler hard candy.
torture photo session was over, THEN came the fun part… creating a Valentine card with Tiny Prints online. Tiny Prints is an online card and photo gift company. They even ship your cards for you if you chose that option. I had my postcards sent to me and we addressed and sent them off this week to our family and friends.
I LOVED seeing my cupid shots on a Valentine. I feel totally on top of things to have actually SENT Valentine cards out – because I’m usually late at sending cards (and most everything else as well).
I promised to review my experience and the product that Tiny Prints provided, and here’s what I liked:
– super easy card creation and personalization with just a few clicks
– very thorough options for every aspect of your print process so you get exactly what you are wanting
– love that you can use your own photos OR pick a pre-designed card if you don’t have time to ‘dabble’ with designing your own
– the amazing and very large collection of designs
– the fact that they have a REAL LIVE production designer team to further customize and tweak your final product until it is exactly what you hoped for
– the final product is polished and high quality
– they’ll ship your cards for you
– you can design a card and schedule it to ship up to a year in advance of the holiday or ocassion
– they have other products: stationary, notebooks, address labels, custom stamps, photo books, calendars and photo gifts
– I adore the personalized mint tins for baby showers or weddings that they offer
In fact, I liked my cards from Tiny Prints so much that I’m considering using them for my birth announcements for the peanut. That is, if I can ever get the newborn photo session done. I never did get around to doing it for my little Viking… so these Valentines are his debut through snail mail to the extended family and friends.
I just know they’ll love the cards. But not as much as I love my little Valentine (even without those pretty curls).
Disclosure: Tiny Prints gave me free product to review but my opinion was not compensated for, nor was this post.